The Acoustical Engineering curriculum in the Master of Mechanics at Paris-Saclay offers French and international students the scientific knowledge needed to tackle current acoustical problems, in industrial and academic environments. Courses are focused on fundamental acoustics and acoustical engineering. By means of fundamental and applied research projects, the students have the opportunity to learn about different fields including:
- structural acoustics and fluid-structure interaction,
- wave propagation in solids and non-destructive testing,
- signal processing and signal synthesis in acoustical situations,
- aeroacoustics and wave propagation in inhomogeneous moving media,
- experimental techniques and psychoacoustics.
domaines SaclayMention Mécanique.
Admission to the Masters program at the M2 level is open to students with at least 4 years of higher education studies in Mechanics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or Applied Mathematics from an internationally recognized University.
compétences acquisesThe objective of the Acoustical Engineering curriculum is to provide students with the ability of analyzing an acoustical problem, whether academic or industrial, finding the relevant bibliographical sources and identifying the methods that will yield solutions or answers. Specifically, students will be able to associate several viewpoints: physical and mechanical modeling (experimental, theoretical and numerical aspects) with signal processing and perceptual perspectives or needs. In view of the research activities in the Saclay area, an emphasis is put on the industrial situations (noise, control) and on the sounds created and listened to by people
débouchésAcoustics is a multidisciplinary field at the borders between Mechanics, Signal Processing, Cognitive Sciences and Biology. Typical jobs for the graduates of this curriculum are R&D engineer-positions in companies or research centers and PhDs in Acoustics. The main fields of application are the transportation industry (ground, air and maritime transportation), energy production and transformation, urbanism and architecture, communication, and imaging in geosciences, structural health monitoring and biology.
- M2-AE-M2 Master 2 Ingénierie Acoustique - Master 2
- M2-AE-S3 M2-AE semestre 3
- AE-01 Acoustic propagation in inhomogeneous moving media
- AE-02 Aeroacoustics
- AE-03 Techniques Numériques en Acoustique
- AE-04 Acoustical signal processing
- AE-05 Experimental techniques in acoustics
- AE-06 General acoustics
- AE-08 Psychoacoustics
- AE-09 Structural Acoustics
- AE-10 Non Destructive Testing
- AMS304 Résolution des problèmes de diffraction par équations intégrales
- AE-12 Calcul scientifique parallèle
- AE-13 Propagation des ondes dans des milieux périodiques
- AE-14 Résolution des problèmes de diffraction par équations intégrales
- AE-07 Propagation et diffraction dans les guides d'ondes
- AE-11 Interactions fluide-structure
- AE-15 Matériaux pour l'isolation acoustique
- AE-stage M2 -AE - stage
- M2-AE-S3 M2-AE semestre 3